Saturday, June 11, 2011

Craigslist Excitement!!!

I have a sneaking suspicion that, like me, you all love to peruse Craigslist, go to garage sales, and rummage thrift stores. I get downright giddy browsing Craigslist for some well-priced hidden treasure. So in the spirit of sharing....look what I scored on Craigslist!!!

Photobucket


I have a thing for ladderback chairs. LOVE them. I bought a $5 ladderback at a yard sale the other day but that's another story.

The great part about this pair is that I don't even have to paint them because they already have a wonderfully distressed, aged paint job. I have a suspicion that chalk paint and wax was used on them because of how the paint will flake if I really dig my nail into it. But they also have a beautfiul, hard sheen that looks very similar to my waxed furniture pieces.

Photobucket

Ok, so I scored these BOTH for $60. That's good, right? I don't think the person knew what they had. I thought $60 was a steal. Oh, I looooooove these details!

Photobucket

Photobucket

10 comments:

Victoria said...

Wow, you did score! Those are gorgeous!!!

Sommer said...

Downright Gorgeous, you lucky dog!

Elizabeth@ Pine Cones and Acorns said...

I love these chairs! I never ever find anything on craigslist. They are beautiful.

Elizabeth

Betheny@tomseth.blogspot.com said...

Oh my gosh!! That is SO funny that you just posted this!! I JUST found 4 ladder-back straw seat chairs from KSL (Utah's Craigslist) for only $45.00. {See my post at: http://tomseth.blogspot.com/2011/06/furniture-find.html} Your's have more detail though. I was wondering what time period these were from and what the name of these types of chairs were actually called.
You have great taste. :)

Sueann said...

They are fabulous! And $60 is a great deal!!
Hugs
SueAnn

Sherry @ No Minimalist Here said...

Yes, you really scored! Love the chairs and the finish.
xo,
Sherry

Betheny@tomseth.blogspot.com said...

LOL. Thanks for the cute comment on my blog. I'm still jelous of the detail and finish on yours. ;) I think you got a fantastic deal. Cheers to great furniture finds and great taste!! hehe. ;)

Crystal Rose Cottage said...

Really nice....and you don't have to do a thing to them!~Hugs, Patti

Gail said...

Rush seats in good condition!!!! Yes, you scored big time.

Vintage Rose said...

I think they are absolutely beautiful!

Post a Comment