Thursday, July 2, 2009

Crafty Project #4526: The Chest of Drawers

So here is the unveiling of the highly-touted chest of drawers project. I had been on a hunt for a chest of drawers for Anna's room. After all, the girl has about 1000 bloomers, countless bows, headbands, clippies, socks, and other miscellaneous accessories that I just didn't have to deal with when Lil Man was little. Like any respectable girl, she needed some more closet space!

I found this piece at a consignment store and just couldn't pass it up. It was labeled a "shabby chic dresser". The scale of it was perfect. The lines were great. It was exactly what I had been looking for except it was a little heavy on the "shabby" and a little light on the "chic". It may look cute in the picture but, believe me friends, when I got it home I could not bring myself to put my dear little girl's delicate clothes in this dirty, scary dresser so I set out to revamp it with a little Lori pixie dust.

I'll spare you the details but this project that should've taken about 3 steps went through more steps than an addict at an AA meeting. I finally got her into recovery and now she looks like this!


Perfect under Lady B's vintage wall montage.....luuuuvin' it! I especially luv the crystal knobs purchased from everyone's favorite craft-a-licious store: The Hob Lob.

I know, that stencil looks familiar, right? Mr. WF asked if it was now the official family crest since it's on our coffee table AND the dresser but I couldn't resist. The dresser was begging for some fancy so I gave it to her.

11 comments:

MAM said...

Looks FANTASTIC!! When can you come sprinkle Lori pixie dust over here????

shannonmichaelis said...

girl, when do you sleep? :-) looks awesome! i need some creativity on my end these days...

Janell @ Isabella and Max said...

It is gorgeous! Janell

Jane said...

LOL at your husbands family crest remark. That's the kind of comment my hubby would make too. Very pretty. I usually am wary about stenciling. Too much of it growing up in an 80's stenciled to death country home. My mom was obsessed! Yours is so subtle, I may have to rethink stencils.

june@craftyniche said...

That is simply divine! I am totally revamping my little girl's dresser!

Katie Kubler said...

I love what you did to that chest of drawers! Be sure to LINK it up to my Trash To Treasures Party & adding my button! It will get you an additional entry in an UPCOMING GIVEAWAY i'll be doing! Following my blog will get you another one TOO! Happy Blogging & hope you join the party!

pk @ Room Remix said...

Love the detail that you added. Great makeover!

Wendy said...

Thats really pretty!

Blog Boutique said...

Very Shabby Chic, love it!

Frugal Jen said...

Beautiful! Now I am going to check out some of your other projects.

Shanty 2 Chic said...

I love the chest of drawers and the glass knobs! So pretty! ~Ashley~ shanty2chic

Post a Comment